With all the employment complexities surrounding Covid-19, it is fair to say that organisations are now operating in a very different commercial environment from 7 months ago.
Whilst your Vision, Values and Purpose may not have changed, your Goals may well have to be amended or tweaked to reflect the scrambled environment in which you are now operating. In one way or another your operating environment will definitely be different.
Have you re-assessed your goals?
Having some clarity on these is useful as a driver for the whole business, and especially important to provide focus for your employees.
If you want your employees on board, then they need to know where they are going.
- Take an hour or two to reflect and decide on what your realistic short-term, medium-term and long-term goals now are
- Decide on the priorities
- Communicate these very clearly to everyone in the organisation
- Involve at least your senior team in working out and planning how to achieve these new goals
- Set short term actions that can be easily reset due to disruption
- Cascade these plans down so that everyone feels they are individually playing an important part in keeping your business alive and successful
These new goals are a great opportunity to provide your team with a fresh challenge and to inject some much needed new enthusiasm and energy into your workplace!
A couple of hours on your goals will be well-spent and will pay big dividends by providing a simple and clear focus for all.
Positive People has over 25 years’ experience supporting businesses to develop business plans that get you the right results. Contact us now to learn more.