Safe Work from Home Guidelines
Our workplace has been designed to provide you with a safe and comfortable work environment. To ensure this extends to your home or other off-site office, you will need to review and comply with these guidelines.
These guidelines should be read in conjunction with our Health and Safety Policy, as your Health and Safety responsibilities extend to circumstances where you are working from home or at another off-site location.
Guidelines for Home Work Spaces
- Please click on the link and review the ACC Guidelines for Computer Use
- After ensuring that your home work space is compliant, complete the checklist below
- We also require you to complete a hazards register for your home work space. This should list each hazard, outline the risk/potential harm and actions taken to eliminate, isolate or minimise the hazard
- Please then sign the acknowledgement page and return a copy of these guidelines to your manager along with a copy of your home workplace hazards register
It is your responsibility to ensure that you thoroughly read the ACC Guidelines for Computer Use and implement necessary changes to your home work space. The checklist below is a guide; however, it is assumed when checking each item that you have read and understood the relevant section of the ACC Guidelines for Computer Use. Any changes that need to be made to your home work space to meet the attached guidelines are to be carried out at your expense unless agreed otherwise with your Manager.
Once the agreement has been signed, it will be assumed that the relevant safety precautions have been taken and will be maintained by you. Please maintain the hazards register, adding any new hazards as they are identified and putting measures in place to eliminate, isolate or minimise each hazard.
Home Work Space Checklist
Please check each item once you have read the relevant section of the ACC Guidelines for Computer Use and ensured that your home work space is compliant.
|Key considerations for your home work space||Tick|
|Suitable chair with back support and at the correct height with footrest (if necessary)|
|Suitable keyboard in correct position|
|Suitable mouse in correct position|
|Suitable computer screen at correct height, distance, and position|
|Adequate lighting for work tasks|
|Adequate sized work surfaces|
|Safe and suitable storage for materials|
|Work space not situated near loud and/or repetitive noise|
|Adequate heating/cooling and ventilation|
|Surrounding electrical equipment including cables safely installed, secured and in working order|
|Suitable physical location of work space within the home – ideally a separate room or area with adequate separation from high-risk and/or high-traffic areas (e.g. kitchen)|
Other considerations (please include in your hazards register):
- Is there a working smoke detector?
- Is a fire extinguisher readily available?
- Is a basic first aid kit readily accessible?
- Are exits from the work area clear and unobstructed?
- Are there any tripping hazards?
- Are all floor coverings safe and non-slip?
- Are there appropriate handrails on any stairs?
- Are any young children adequately supervised by another adult?
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood these Safe Work from Home Guidelines and the ACC Guidelines for Computer Use. In addition, I have made the necessary adjustments to my home work space in compliance with the guidelines set out in these documents and have completed a hazards register for my home work space.
Employee Name ____________________________________________________________________________