How HR software can make your managers better leaders
No doubt you’re already using software for your accounting and view it as essential to the success of your business. But have you considered implementing an HR information management system? HR automation isn’t new, but with cloud-based technology it’s now cost effective and feasible for small and medium-sized businesses.
Much like your financial software, an effective HR system will quickly prove itself as a tool that saves you time, money and frees you and your managers up to focus on the more important aspects of leading your people.
If you’ve been manually handling HR operations in the past, you may be wondering about how a software system will benefit your business, particularly your managers.
- It will help your managers make better use of their time
Time is the one thing none of us can get more of. If your managers are having to manually create, print, sign, scan, save and manually upload documents, they don’t have time for things that matter more – like coaching and mentoring their direct reports.
Sadly, HR software won’t solve all of your time management woes, but it certainly helps to save time so you can better allocate those resources.
- It will provide you and your team with important insights
When you’re manually handling HR records, you miss out on some valuable information. HR software collects and analyses data to provide you with accurate insights in order to make strategic decisions.
- It will support effective performance appraisal processes
Gone are the days where you need to purchase expensive performance appraisal software, or muck around with multiple Word documents and hard copy forms. A good HR software system will incorporate a performance appraisal system that will facilitate an efficient process and focus your managers attention where it should be – on having quality conversations with their employees about their performance.
So, what should you look for if you’re in the market for HR software?
- It pretty much goes without saying, but a cloud platform is essential
- You should also prioritise ‘employee self-service’ features. The more you’re able to shift responsibilities from your managers, the more useful they can be. For example, with self-service a new employee can log in and view their employment agreement, digitally sign and have this saved to their file where they can access it throughout their employment
- Alongside affordability, scalability is also important – you only want to pay for what you need, when you need it
- Full functionality will ensure your managers get the best out of your system. Essentially, HR software is an HR administration tool. However, along with HR document management, look for a system that incorporates:
- Recruitment process / candidate management
- A performance appraisal system
- Health and safety management
This will ensure all relevant HR documentation is correctly stored and easily accessed.
Positive People partner with enableHR HR software. We’d be happy to arrange a time to show you around the system so you can get an idea of how it might work for you and your team. We think you’ll find it ticks all the boxes.